Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Part XVIb - More ruins

Ayutthaya is definately a cool place. Loads of large undeveloped grassy areas as they're protected as part of the historical park.

I did the whole ruin sneaking thing again last night. Well, no sneaking this time. I went off insearch of another ruin and took the scenic route this time, after some time I still hadn't found it, strange, its huge. So I walked across this large area of park land and suddenly there it was in all its glory. I was at the back of it and there was no gate so in I strolled on in.

Once again I spent ages in there and ran into a Canadian fulla doing exactly as I was. Bus loads of tourists would turn up outside every now and then and try to take pictures of the ruins 100 meters away with a flash. duh... I wandered around for some time then when I was lying down taking a particularly cool photo, I turned around and saw this dude standing over me saying "no". So I got booted out and headed back to my 'house.

There are actually lots of people staying at my place at the moment. The first night it was just me. I had a yarn to this tidy little Japanese girl by the name of Timoko . She said she was in house removals. I though surely not, must have misheard... until I saw her bicep. Seem to be running into a lot of Japanese.

Thats all folks.

No comments: